Friday, April 06, 2007

Underwater.

Craig's underwater right now on a giant submarine. It's weird not to be able to talk to someone. I'm usually pretty good at not talking to people, but that's usually by choice. It's different when you can't. I don't like it.

He's supposed to be doing support for the tactical systems, but if everything goes well, it means a lot of thumb twiddling.

I was thinking about going home for easter weekend, but instead, I'm staying put here. Believe it or not, we're supposed to get 2" of snow overnight. It's APRIL, people. What's going on? Granted, 2" of snow is no big deal, but it's still weird for it to snow in spring.

Work has been going well. I don't mind being there still, and today marks two months on the job. It went by very fast. I've done a lot over there so far. Definitely more than I've done my entire time in this industry. The people are cool, and I'm settling in more. I'm going to pop in for a little while on Sunday to get some tedious documentation done (user's training guide), and a couple of my teammates are going to come in too for a short while to foil our teammate's office. He's been in Cancun ALL week while we were slaving away during FAT.

Soccer season started up again. Our first outdoor game was Wednesday. We lost by 1. It was fun, but freezing! The temperature had already dropped by the time our game time arrived, and the wind was gusting at 35-50 mph. I couldn't keep warm, so I kept jogging around the perimeter of the field not in use, and I felt like I was running backwards with the wind. I'm supposed to play again tomorrow, but there's a good chance the games will be canceled. Unfortunately, they start at 9am, so I'll probably have to get up at 7am and be out of the house by 8am at the latest. I'm wearing pants tomorrow if it happens. (Oh please please please let them cancel the game!)

Craig left on Tuesday, and every day since then I've been running errands and going to the gym after work rarely getting home before 9pm. I'm so thankful we don't have a dog right now. I dropped off our watches (after they've been sitting around dead for over a year) for a replacement battery at the mall and it's $75 a piece! At least it's only once every three years this needs to happen. Actually, it's probably more like two years. The last year of sitting around doesn't count.

My exciting news for last week is getting Guitar Hero II! I can't tell you how many times I hear a GH song on the radio and think, "I can play that!!!" Wait a sec. No I can't. The guitar controller with 5 buttons is one step up from an air guitar. And I do have two real guitars, but I'm talking about immediate gratification here! Everyone is recommending that we get a Wii, but given that we *just* picked up a used PS2 that came out 7 years ago, it looks like we may wait a while before entertaining the idea of getting a Wii. I don't even think I could get one if I wanted one now. They're always sold out around here.

I made the mistake of watching HGTV while relaxing today. This always leads to some sort of criticism pertaining to the condition of the house. After an hour of Design on a Dime, I was all wound up. An hour later, I have 5 garbage bags sitting in my kitchen waiting to be taken to the dumpster. The best part is that I was only in the kitchen and dining room. Three more rooms, and two bathrooms to go. Toss, toss, toss.... Good thing Craig is gone this week!

Got a busy day tomorrow. I'm thinking, soccer, birthday present hunt for mom, get upholstery stuff (for dining room chairs), and then legs at the gym. I know, my life is so exciting!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home