Monday, October 22, 2007

Small Update

I was busy at work from the second I sat down until I left. Usually I have some time to BS with coworkers during the day, but not today! Too many things due.

When I got home, there was a strange envelope in the mail. The postage was stamped from LA, but the return address was Baltimore. I opened it up, and it was Ruut's new CD! Yay! I'm listening to it now while typing this entry while belly-flopped on the couch. Yes, I am a master multitasker!

In other news, Craig got tickets from work for the Redskins game yesterday. I guess they wanted to do something nice for him after exploiting him all the time, so he scored a couple of club level tickets and a parking pass. He put it on the calendar, and when Sunday rolled around, we packed up a small tailgate and made it to the stadium. I had been to Fed Ex field once before to see DC United vs Chelsea, but the stadium was nowhere as packed as it was for a football game. Ironically, back then I was kind of a newbie to international soccer and I knew Chelsea was good, but I didn't know *how* good! (I thought DC United was going to win.....they didn't.)

We had great seats and great parking. The game was a good one as it was close up until the very last second, but I'm not much of a football fan and I think it's kind of hard to follow the ball since they're always trying to hide it and fake other players out. Nonetheless, it was still cool to go to a football game (my first ever!) on a VIP package courtesy of work.

In boring adult-news, we refinanced exactly a week ago. Yes, I have one of those ticking-away ARM time bombs, and I'm glad I initiated this process now because the market here has tanked. There are foreclosures everywhere. The bad thing about those is that once they become viable sales data, it hurts your appraisal. Unfortunately, when the condo was appraised, it came in 5% less which means the down payment is gone. The good news is that we were able to refinance favorably, and now, I can tuck this issue into the back corner of my brain and not worry about it for another 10 years.

:)

1 Comments:

At 2:06 PM, Blogger Petite Impact said...

WASHINGTON (AP) -- President Bush announced on Thursday a plan to freeze interest rates for five years for hundreds of thousands of strapped homeowners whose mortgages are scheduled to rise in the coming months.
"The steps I outlined today are a sensible response to a serious challenge," Bush said.

Seeking to counter criticism he is violating his free-market principles, Bush said the private-sector plan does not represent the imposition of a government solution to the mortgage crisis.

"W should not bail on our lenders, real estate speculators or those who made the reckless decision to buy a home they knew they could not afford," he said.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home