Thursday, September 08, 2005

Beware the Printer Police!

Warning. This is a rant.

The office was pretty cleared out yesterday at 5pm. I had been waiting for most people to leave because I had a big print job to do. Something like 30 individual files, so if you're faster than I am, you would be able to slip in your own print job. Anyway, most people had left already since the weather was so nice. You could already hear the crickets chirping. So I quickly sent everything down to the printer and went downstairs to check email for 20 minutes. When I got back upstairs, the printer was out of paper, and had only completed maybe 4 of the print jobs. Dammit.

Refill printer with the short stack that was near it. Should be just enough to cover my print job. Then I had to leave the office because it was getting late.

This morning I get in, and the stack is on my desk. The coversheet has some angry scribbling in capital letters: "NICE ETIQUETTE- (arrow pointing to my user name) TEND TO LARGE PRINT JOBS, REFILL PAPER"

I'm telling you, some people in this office really have a stick up their ass. It took whoever did that more time to scribble all that in caps than it would have to stick more paper in the printer.

So I neatly folded up the section with the angry scribbling to photocopy and added, "FYI- NICE ETIQUETTE- TEND TO LARGE PRINT JOBS, REFILL PAPER :) HAVE A NICE DAY!" and taped it onto every single printer in the office.

Actually, I didn't do that but I was tempted to.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home