Monday, August 29, 2005

Flashback: Internship at Ford

I thought that my Ford internship was horrible, but the truth is, I actually did some real work there! A whole lot more than I've ever done in my six months here at the new place. I'm bored and digging through old emails and found a poem I quickly wrote to Alex to express just how bad a workday was over there. Ironically, not much has changed.

July 19th, 2001

oh computer,
i stare into your vortex of glare
and i feel the gravitation,
or electromagnetism
p-u-l-l-i-n-g
my eyes towards the bridge of my nose

oh please, please, please
do not let me leave here cross-eyed
for i will look unfortunate and
get laughed at by everyone
on the bus

this spreadsheet is forever
etched
with your pixelated rays
into my retina
and probably when i
dream tonight
its faint outlines will be there

first reading, part name/function
then, potential failure mode
severity
class
potential cause

oh no, do not torment me
although i draw the unlucky straw
alas, i am only

an intern.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home