Friday, August 26, 2005

If at first you don't succeed,

I am bad with ball sports.

I am clumsy, uncoordinated, and possibly spastic and don't forget to throw my depth perception problem into the mix.

So as I was standing on the tennis court behind the base line not paying attention to the instructor while swinging aimlessly at balls that were in my general vicinity, I decided that maybe getting back into soccer might be a good idea. After all, the girls' team that was playing in the adjacent field looked like they were having fun. Watching people play soccer is fun and very distracting.

Another aimless swing of the racket and I go the end of the backhand line. Colleen informs me that I just hit the instructor with that tennis ball. Doh.

I sent out a couple of emails just now to see if I could work something out with an already formed team. It'll just take one game for me to realize how stupid this idea was, so don't worry, this will be short lived! (I'm starting to believe that there's a very fine line between persistence and stupidity.)

And on the topic of stupidity and pain maximization, school starts up next week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home