Monday, July 18, 2005

Fun!

Whew! Back to the daily grind after a long and fun weekend that included a cult of soccer fans, a big hole in the ground, tennis, swimming, real estate prospecting and meeting the parents. Judy's here, which means that I no longer have a need for an alarm clock. She starts howling at 5:45am. Good thing she's cute, else I'd tie her to the tree outside. Just kidding. Maybe.



On Friday, I took Craig to a DC United game (my first *real* soccer game ever!) and it was fun. I was surprised at how close we were to the players. But a little disappointed because no-one had cool soccer hair. Boo to that. So I'm watching, completely enthralled, and then the bleachers start swaying and this large, seemingly disorganized group starts chanting and beating a drum. Lots of flag waving, fists pumping in the air and probably a whole lot of alcohol consumption too. Soccer fans are interesting.

The somewhat sparse turnout surprised me too. But I quickly came to the conclusion that soccer is too athletic of a sport to truly be embraced by (mostly) lazy Americans. Think of all the standing around and waiting that occurs during America's favorite pastime. And now, get a mental picture of the fans. Yep. Exactly.

On Saturday, we took a ride out to Luray Caverns for the cave tour, and it was a good opportunity to learn how to use the Lumix. Check out these translucent formations, with and without flash for your viewing pleasure, Leslie!





Oh, and check out this caving outfit. Need I even mention that she's Asian?



And here we are, lurking not too far behind. The rock formations were breathtaking, especially with the lighting effects. There were so many interesting textures in the cave from a sinister staccato to malleable marshmallow. But I won't bore you any more with pictures of rocks.


1 Comments:

At 1:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

very nice. i like seeing how your working that camera! photos on my blog for my brothers wedding... hahaha! oh god that was a crazy day, i'll post about that later.

leslie

 

Post a Comment

<< Home