Thursday, July 14, 2005

Confessions of a Serial Blogger

No highfalutin introduction necessary. As a serial blogger, I know full well that this blog has a life expectancy of no more than 16.5 months, so buckle up and enjoy it while it lasts.

It's scary, but Thradius's assessment of me being a "closet nerd" is becoming more and more apparent. I try to go to the company gym a couple of times a week, and it's small, but brand new. Usually by 7pm, it's completely empty so I essentially have a private gym. And believe you me, I take full advantage of this without even realizing it. Like watching Jeopardy while on the treadmill, and yelling out answers at the top of my lungs a la Tourette's.

Last night, there was a category for words that started off as nouns, but became verbs after common (mis)usage. An easy one for $200: A state of water, or you can do this to a cake. Answer: "What is ice?" Too easy, I know. Further down the row, for $800: A noun originally, but now you do this to look up someone.

Miss Tourette blurts out, "Finger!!! FINGER!!" while on the treadmill.

Alex Trebek: "The correct answer is, 'What is...google?'"

If you're smirking to yourself, pat yourself on the back fellow nerd!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home